Monday, July 09, 2007

Dude, that's MY car!!!

So I've always heard that Honda Accords are consistently one of the most popular cars to steal. I don't know if that is true or not, but after last weekend I am inclined to say that it is.

Last Saturday morning I was returning some rental camera equipment to Glazers Camera in Seattle. It was 11:20, so there was no line--I was in and out in about 3 minutes. When I got back to my car, I found a guy trying to break into my car (where I had ALL of my camera gear)! I politely asked him what he was doing (OK, I'll admit that I wasn't very polite--but he started it!) He said "Oh you got here just in time, I was going to steal the whole thing!" Craziness! He took off pretty quickly once I started flexing my biceps though. ;)

The moral of the story? If you have something in your car that is worth more than your car, it better be insured! Normally I would suggest keeping your valuables with you at all times, but if you're built like I am (I've got a pretty cool, hyper-active metabolism look going on)--then that may not be much of a theft deterrent. In any case, insurance is a good idea no matter what kind of business you are running. You may never have to use it, but you certainly don't want to get caught without it!

Thankfully, I have insurance...and I was lucky this time. All it would have taken was a line inside Glazers Camera, and I would have been riding the bus home!

Gerald

No comments:



seattle wedding photography, seattle photographer wedding, wedding photographer seattle, redmond photograph, wedding photojournalism, wedding photographer, northwest wedding, the knot, wedding channel, bellevue wedding, bothell wedding, seattle photography, documentary photo, wedding, Lake Washington, Pacific Northwest, redmond wedding photographer, redmond wedding photography, www.geraldpope.com , microsoft photography, PRO Sports Club, PRO, Northwest, photojournalist, photojournalism, documentary photography, san diego, california, vacation, weddings, bothell, woodinville, bellevue, redmond, seattle, tacoma, mt. vernon, Pike Place, Alki, Golden Gardens, Discovery Park, bellingham, bainbridge island, orcas, san juans, portraits, senior portraits, photos, kids, children, pet photography, the classic crime, SAM, Olympic Sculpture Park, Gasworks park, erwin wijanto, engagements, Mountain Springs Lodge, Lake Union, Semiahmoo Resort, Long Beach Aquarium, Fairmont Olympic, B & E Wedding show, Fall Bridal Spectacular, Seattle Wedding Show, Seattle Bride, real weddings, Seattle Metropolitan Bride & Groom, Best Seattle wedding photographer, artistic wedding photography, modern photographer, Lairmont Manor, Colorado weddings